Changing Lives

We support, house, advise and speak out for disadvantaged 

adults  in custody and  beyond the gate.

Changing Minds

Useful Information

What do Ready4Home do?

Ready4Home is a Service Provider that offers Intensive housing management and support on behalf of social landlords and registered charities, our service is offered to those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.

As a provider of supported housing, we also ensure services include:

  • materials are produced in an easy-read format, so you understand your tenancy.
  • adaptations to your home are reported, in order to meet your needs.
  • a 24/7 repairs and maintenance service.
  • Liaison with local authorities and landlords to manage any issues with your housing.
  • The provision of additional services including gardening, window cleaning, communal cleaning,
  • furniture and goods supply.
  • Ensure all staff are will be subject to the necessary checks
  • Offer assistance with finances and housing benefit claims

Please contact us by calling 01772 439 061 or by using the contact form below

What are my rights as a resident?

  • For your home to be kept in a suitable state of repair
  • For your home to be safe.
  • For Ready4Home not to change your rent or terms of your license agreement without telling you first.
  • To be able to live in your home in peace
  • For the services you are paying for to be provided.
  • For Ready4Home to make reasonable adjustments in order to meet your needs
  • For Ready4Home to act according to all relevant law.

Your license agreement contains detailed information about your rights and responsibilities.

What are my responsibilities?

  • Paying the rent, council tax and bills.
  • Not causing damage.
  • Keeping your home clean and tidy.
  • Reporting repairs to us.
  • Telling us about any changes to your income or circumstances
  • Telling us if you are going away for more than 2 weeks
  • Not upsetting your neighbours or co-residents, or doing anything to break the law
  • Allowing access to Ready4Home staff and any maintenance staff we send
  • Insuring your possessions
  • To give written notice to Ready4Home if you want to end your tenancy.

Your license agreement contains detailed information about your rights and responsibilities.

What do I do if I want to leave the property?

If you want to leave Ready4Home’s accommodation, you must provide us with a minimum of 28 days written notice to terminate your Licence. This must be in writing via a letter or email.

If you are unable to write the notice, you may need to ask for support to do this. Ready4Home cannot accept notice from somebody else on your behalf, unless you have provided us with written confirmation that you are happy for them to do so, or they have been appointed by the Court of Protection to manage your property and affairs.

Notice can be emailed to, handed to your Support Worker.

What do I need to do when I leave my property?

You will need to do the following at the end of your tenancy.

  • Remove all your personal possessions, including furniture you have purchased and any other unwanted items.
  • Repair or replace any damaged items provided by Ready4Home.
  • Clean all parts of your accommodation.
  • Return all keys.
  • Pay any outstanding rent or other sums due to Ready4Home.

Creating Change may need to charge you for any costs incurred in performing these tasks on your behalf.

Repair Frequently Asked Questions

What do I have to pay for?

Ready4Home’s residents are obliged to use the property in a resident-like manner and not cause damage. Ready4Home may issue a recharge invoice for the following:

  • Clearing a blockage if it has been caused by the residents.
  • Repairing damage (i.e. broken windows)
  • Key/lock replacements
  • Misuse of the emergency repair service. This is because emergency call-outs can be expensive and should only be used for genuine
  • emergencies.
  • Abortive visits – asking for an engineer to attend and then refusing them entry, or going out at the time of an agreed appointment.
  • Cleaning, if you vacate and leave the property in an unsuitable condition.
  • Removing large items left by residents
  • Any work you ask Ready4Home to do which is your responsibility.
  • Other incidences akin to the above.

Not sure if I have an emergency?

An emergency is considered to be any occurrence where there is actual danger to the occupants of the building, staff or visitors, or there is potential for further damage to the property.

Examples of emergencies are:

  • Uncontrollable leak or flooding.
  • Broken window
  • No heating (during winter)
  • Total loss of Electricity
  • Exposed electrics which pose an electrocution risk.
  • Severe Roof leak
  • All toilets out of service.
  • Fire Alarm system failure.
  • No supply of water or hot water.
  • Break in, resulting in security risk.
  • Broken glazing.
  • Damaged lock – if you cannot enter or secure the property.
  • Carbon monoxide leak

If you have a maintenance emergency please call our maintenance helpdesk on 01772 439 061 Examples of things which are NOT emergencies are:

  • Appliances not working
  • Can’t get TV signal
  • Doors are squeaking.
  • Mould or condensation
  • Scaled up shower head
  • Decoration
  • General gardening/cleaning
  • Dripping tap/pipe/radiator (where the leak can be contained)
  • Damaged furniture
  • Blown lightbulb

If you need to report a maintenance issue, please call our helpdesk on 01772 439 061 Please note that misuse of the emergency maintenance facility will result in charges being made back to the residents.

No heating or hot water

If you find that you have no heating and hot water the issue is likely to be connected to the boiler. Sometimes a boiler will have a fault and will require resetting. You can do this by turning it off and back on again. Some heating and hot water systems controlled by a timer or thermostat which is found on a control unit on the wall. Make sure that the timer is set to ‘on’ and that the thermostat is set to the desired temperature. If you have had to turn the switch to ‘on’ or turn the the heating up, it may take some time to reach the desired temperature. If the timer is set so that heating and hot water is ‘off’ at the time you wish to use it, you may be able to get a supply for one hour by pressing the ‘heating advance’ or ‘hot water advance’ buttons. If your boiler has lost pressure you will see the pressure gauge on ‘0’. You may need to add pressure using the filling loop. Once the pressure is at the correct level you will need to turn off the filling loop. If you have a top-up electricity or gas meter, you may have run out of credit for it and require a top-up. If after following the above steps you still have a problem, please call our maintenance helpdesk on 01772 439 061

No Electricity

The fuse box (also called the consumer unit) contains the main on/off switch for the electricity in your home. The fuse box can usually be found next to the electricity meter, under your stairs or by your front door. It has a circuit breaker that will automatically switch off the electricity by tripping a switch, breaking the circuit in the event of an electrical fault. You will also find a row of smaller switches called mini circuit breakers, or RCDs. These control the electricity to the lighting and socket circuits in particular rooms or parts of your home. They will trip out if there is an overload on a particular circuit (e.g. if a light bulb blows or too many electrical items are plugged into one socket). Loss of electricity could be because of a power cut or, if you have a top up electric key meter, a lack of credit. Check to see if neighbours’ homes have also been affected by a potential power cut. If neighbours still have power, you may have to check whether a fuse has tripped in your fuse box.

  • Open the cover on the fuse box
  • Turn all fuses to the ‘off’ position and turn them back on, one by one. If the circuit trips again this will show where the fault is.
  • Be aware that a faulty device may still be connected and may continue to trip the circuit until the device has been turned off or unplugged.

If after following the above steps you still have a problem, please call our maintenance helpdesk on 01772 439 061

Blockage in Toilet, Bath, Sink or Shower

If you have found a sink or toilet to be blocked, please take the following steps to attempt to remove the blockage.

  • Pour some hot, soapy water into the bowl. Allow some time for the water to sink into the pipework. Try this several times if possible and the blockage may break up. Also try to use commercially available products to disperse the blockage.
  • Use a plunger which can be purchased from most supermarkets and DIY stores. Make sure there is enough water in the bowl to cover the rubber part of the plunger and pump it up and down. You may need to cover the overflow in a sink to create a seal.

If after following the above steps you still have a problem, please call our maintenance helpdesk on 01772 439 061. If the blockage was found to have been caused by excessive volumes of paper, or foreign objects such as wet wipes, the resident(s) may be charged the full cost of clearing the blockage.

Water Leakage

Water leaks can occur for a number of reasons, including damage to pipework or roofing, a fault developing with an appliance that uses water, and sanitary items overflowing – like baths, showers, sinks and toilets. In the event of a leak it is important that you identify what is leaking and make sure the water is turned off to stop the leak from getting worse. If you notice a water leak please turn off the water at the stopcock and place a container underneath the source to avoid further damage. Any water leaks should be reported to Ready4Home immediately to 01772 439 061. When bathing please make sure shower or bath mats are in use to catch escaping water, and ensure that the bath is not filled so high that it overflows. After bathing, be sure to check the floor for excess water and mop up any spills if necessary to prevent water from getting to places it isn’t supposed to be.

Found Mold in my property

Regular buildups of condensation can allow a fungus known as ‘black mould’ to grow on walls, ceilings, clothes and furniture. As well as affecting plasterwork and rotting window frames, black mould can have a negative effect on your health if the mould is not treated promptly. Mould can be a particular problem in the colder months when residents will often keep windows closed and clothes will be dried inside the home. To prevent condensation and mould you should maintain a constant balance of warmth and ventilation in your home. Mould can be treated very easily by wiping off as much as is possible using a fungicidal wash, ensuring the instructions are being closely followed. Fungicidal wash can be bought from most supermarkets and hardware stores. Repaint the affected surface using a fungicidal paint and dry any wet surfaces, such as windows and windowsills daily to help prevent the mould returning. Windows should be left partially open to allow for adequate ventilation. To avoid the buildup of condensation and the growth of mould in your home.

Try following these six simple steps:

  1. Produce less moisture
  2. Remove excess moisture
  3. Open the Windows
  4. Heat your home more
  5. Insulate and draught-proof
  6. Kill and remove the mould

Residents have a responsibility to ensure their home is adequately ventilated to avoid mould growth. Instances of mould should be reported as soon as they are identified in order for advice to be given. Please take extra precautions against condensation and mould during the winter months. If you have identified mould please report it to Ready4Home by calling 01772 439 061

Please Contact Us With Any Questions